Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Little Confusion, A Lot of Madness

This was a difficult reading to understand, not because of its contents, but because the lack of contents. I have never before tried reading a book by skipping every other page, and I now know I shall never try it as I would miss too much great information. The parts that I have I found fairly interesting, especially the bold line on page 11 that says, "Consciousness is always interested more in one part of its object than in another, and welcomes and rejects, or chooses, all the while it thinks." This made me think about all of the mass amounts of information that we all take in daily that our mind must sift through, and how we only ever notice a small portion of it, because if we were forced to notice every bit of it, we would all probably go mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment